As technology advances, the need for data security has reached an all-time high. In addition to our latest blog post on security, OSNEXUS has come up with 6 Data Security Must Haves For Software-Defined Storage. Take a look at our infographic or the list below.
- Data encryption on-the-wire and at-rest: Data needs protection when it’s stationary and in motion, so make sure you have one-click full drive software encryption with Intel AES-NI technology.
- Compliance with government regulations: Heard of NIST, FIPS, HIPAA, CJIS, or GDPR? These are some of the most recent and necessary government security regulations, and affect more individuals and organizations than you might think.
- Multi-factor authentication: Make sure logins are secure with multi-factor authentication that verifies identity with multiple methods in addition to username and password.
- Disaster recovery strategy: In order to be fully protected from threats of all types, your organization needs an in-depth disaster recovery plan, including data backup locally, across global datacenters, or in the cloud.
- Secure log reporting: Ensure all user log data is scrubbed of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) before leaving your organization for alerting, reporting, or auditing needs to avoid a data breach.
- Remote replication and snapshots: Protect your data from natural disasters to human error with storage software that contains remote replication and snapshots.
Categories: Storage Appliance Hardware